Information Collection and Usage
While you are using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or business name and other such credentials that are necessary to authenticate users, validate user actions, or communicate with users. We collect this information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, send an email or call a phone number listed on the Website. If you wish, you may visit the Website anonymously and not provide us with any information.
We do not collect any information about you from other sources outside of your interaction with the Website or when you call a phone number listed on the Website. We will not share your data or content with anyone unaffiliated with the Website, except as mentioned below, without your express consent and only to the extent necessary to provide you with the products and/or services requested. We will not sell or otherwise transfer your data or content to advertising platforms, data brokers, or information resellers. Additionally, we will not use your data or content for advertising or marketing services.
How We Use Your Information
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information while using the Website or contact us via email or telephone call.
- In order to take advantage of certain services and features on the Website, you must provide certain PII and Anonymous Information.
- If you submit PII to us through the Website, then we may use your PII to improve our services to you, and to identify and authenticate your access to the Website’s services. In addition, we use Anonymous Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users to personalize your experience on the Website.
- We will use the PII and other information you provide us to contact you or provide you with the information requested by you through the Website. In addition, when you request a free case evaluation on the Website or when you request information from us regarding your legal options, we will share the information that you provide with one or more licensed attorneys unrelated to us in order for such attorneys to contact you directly.
- We may use your email address to send you notifications and information that are related to your use of the Website, answer your questions about the Website, or fulfill a legal or regulatory disclosure requirement.
We do not record your data in a database, but we do maintain any emails that you may send us. Our emails are hosted on Microsoft Exchange; as such we rely on the security features provided by Microsoft to protect messages sent to and from our email accounts.
The Website undertakes to honor or exceed the applicable United States legal requirements for medical/health information privacy.
No Medical or Legal Advice
The Owner is not providing any type of medical or health advice or analysis or legal advice or analysis to users. The Website is simply presenting users with information regarding mesothelioma support resources and legal options. Users should not interpret the Website’s display of this data as any type of assessment or endorsement of such data. Owner will not be held responsible for any assessment or decision users make based on the data presented in the Website. The Website is not providing legal advice and you should not use any information presented on the Website as the basis for any legal decision.
Data that You Direct Us to Share
Owner’s Policy For Children
Owner does not wish to interact with or collect any data from individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII data from children under the age of 13. We request that minors do not engage with our Website without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, unless otherwise permitted by the law. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to use the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage and/or to use web filtering technology to supervise their children’s access to the Internet.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Website pages may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to improve the functionality of the Website. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Website you’ve visited so we can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Website. Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. The Website, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall PII previously provided by a user.
When You Contact Us For Help
Whenever you contact Owner for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Website. Owner can provide assistance filing for certain veterans’ claims and Owner can also provide names of medical specialists and attorneys for you to contact.
The privacy and security of user data is as important to us as it is to you. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to control and protect your data
from unauthorized access. We adhere to accepted industry privacy standards and comply with our own privacy practices. In addition, we use strong encryption and a protocol for transmitting private information via the Internet. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we follow accepted industry standards and implement reasonable security practices to protect PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
A brief overview of our current security practices is below:
- Passwords. Our staff are encouraged to use strong passwords for their user accounts. Passwords are never to be sent in plain-text format over non-instant messaging platforms
such as email. Use of password management software such as 1Password is also encouraged.
- SSL. The Website is encrypted using an Extended Validation SSL Certificate from Comodo. Extended Validation certificates build trust with visitors by displaying our company name in the URL bar of their web browser.
- WordPress. The Website is powered by WordPress and is updated as often as possible to stay ahead of any security holes. We follow all WordPress security guidelines as outlined by The OWASP Foundation. We rely on the iThemes Security plugin to further assist in keeping our WordPress installation protected. The plugin is configured to automatically stop potential threats and send email notifications for any critical issues. Logs are kept of all logged-in user activity on the Website and are subject to review, if necessary.
- Web Server. The Website is hosted on an Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instance. Direct server access is only allowed for whitelisted IP addresses. Additionally, a private key file is also needed before access to the server is allowed. Further, software running on the server which powers the Website is subject to occasional security updates.
- Email. The email addresses we use are hosted on Microsoft Exchange; as such we rely on the security features provided by Microsoft to protect messages sent to and from our
accounts. Staff are advised once again to use strong passwords and to be mindful of phishing attempts.
How Does Owner Handle Data From International Visitors?
The Website is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Owner is being transferred to Owner for use solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing the Website from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
Opt-out of Receiving Communications
If you are no longer interested in receiving email announcements and other information from us, please email your request to [email protected] or click on the “unsubscribe” link in any of our emails. Please include your name and mailing address (as well as your email address) if you prefer not to receive direct mail postcards or catalogs.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, the Website does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, the Website may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to the Website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
Notice for California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Website, please send an email to [email protected] You may also contact us using the information below. Further, because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to ensure that the Website is compliant with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Mesothelioma Hub LLC
138 N. Main Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
 “Personally Identifiable Information” means any information (including confidential, private, or semi-private information) that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to postal address, telephone number, fax number, email address and the content of emails received from or sent to you. You may be asked to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information under various circumstances when using the Website, including when submitting an inquiry form to the Website.
 “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of the Website and its services.